We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
You are responsible for the strategic procurement activities of several mechanical commodities in the plant Zug. Your focus will be on the efficient execution of daily work (ensure factory supply by supporting escalations and coordination of stakeholders) and the assertive implementation of commodity strategies (managing your supplier portfolio, driving sourcing decisions and generating levers for negotiations). Within the defined SCM-guidelines, you live and breathe ownership by driving and making decisions.
Your new responsibilities
- Implement Commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials in alignment with your Commodity Manager as functional lead
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g. compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems) in alignment with your Commodity Manager as functional lead
- Define and implement Local Procurement strategies (which are not covered by Global Commodity strategies) based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality in alignment with your local Head of Procurement
- Prepare and conduct negotiations for low to medium Purchasing Volumes to obtain highest feasible savings, improve Terms and Conditions or renewing frame contracts
- Generate, document and implement savings in respect to ToCo (Total Cost of Ownership), e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency
- Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers (requisitioners) to ensure customer care and early involvement
- Main Internal and External Contacts: Commodity Managers, Cross-functional partners (e.g. Quality, R&D, Manufacturing etc.) and Suppliers (direct and 2nd tier)
Your skills and experience
- You have a successfully completed degree in business administration or engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience in related discipline
- Ideally, you have completed your studies in industrial engineering or an apprenticeship in technical procurement and are experienced in the purchase of custom designed parts
- With your experience in procurement you are convincing with initiative and are talented in strategic thinking and working in networks. As an alternative with a technical background, you have gained first experience in quality management, sales or R&D and have a strong interest in negotiation and strategic planning.
- Your personal qualities include customer and performance orientation, excellent team spirit and outstanding communication skills.
- You have successfully collected commercial and contractual expertise and are showing substantial negotiating, presentation and moderating skills. With a technical background you are willing to participate in extensive trainings in these areas.
- You distinguish yourself through your flexible and independent working style and are willing to travel occasionally.
- You are a practiced user of the MS-Office package, interested in new tools and want to shape digitalization in your field of action.
- Business fluent (spoken and written) in German and English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 182565
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either