Siemens Grand Prairie, TX is looking for a looking for an Inventory Supervisor to join their growing facility. Responsible for maintaining accuracy of floor inventory, making appropriate corrections, identifying root cause, and driving the necessary changes. This person must be able to work with both hourly and salary team members and have a track record of promoting teamwork in a positive environment. The candidate will report to Materials Manager and will have 10-15 material handlers across 3 shifts.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Responsible for Quarterly Raw Material Inventory Counts and plays a large role in the Annual Physical Inventory.
- Manage the accuracy and maintenance of all materials documentation, physical inventory, storage locations and inventory reconciliation.
- Participate with the plant team to manage the production schedule.
- Work directly with operations to ensure on time delivery of all materials to the production line.
Manage the Material Department personnel as well as provide assistance, training and necessary certification within the Material’s Team.
Promote a safety-first workplace.
- Proven ability to execute plant level projects-strategy and execution.
- Must be able to work independently with limited direction and interact in a Union environment.
- Safety of the Team must be the highest priority.
- Must be well versed in Microsoft Office and be able to learn multiple other systems.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 5 years of successful experience in a Large Manufacturing Facility in a Inventory Supervisor role.
3. Must be well versed in SAP.
4. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
working with external customers and representatives.
6. Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management.
7. Sound decision making and clear communication with all other departments.
8. Must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment.
9. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 182609
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.