Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business, who are a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more efficiently.
Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics delivering better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Mentor Graphics is growing in consistently changing environment and requires a Sales Finance Manager to be based from our Newbury where you will be responsible for supporting two Sales channels, South & West Europe (France-UK-Italy) and India.
The position is primary to be the business partner of Sales Area’s Directors for South & West Direct Europe and India. The position also includes ad hoc pan-European or worldwide projects and support for other Areas when needed.
You'll be part of the operation team, made of 4 people, including the Sales Finance Director. Integration to Sales Finance team is key, flexibility, communication and sharing are essential. Being a business partner requires eye for business, flexibility, and assertiveness, in order to provide guidance, assess decision and be a focal point. You'll also be a key business partner also an advisor to the various teams; contributing and collaborating with other operational groups.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures; be part of a collaborative and encouraging sales finance team.
- Advise sales teams on best practices, collaborating throughout the sales' process to ensure efficient outcome.
- The successful candidate must be able to navigate across multiple disciplines including legal, order fulfillment, treasury, corporate finance, and sales.
- Additionally, this position requires a candidate with validated proficiency communicating with a broad range of audiences, including senior leaders within the business.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Revenue recognition experience in the Software industry; strong understanding of IFRS15/ASC606 software revenue recognition
- Advanced experience in a professional setting related business experience, BA or BS degree required; MBA preferred.
- Significant experience supporting sales and/or customer-oriented business teams in the Quote-to-Cash process.
- Work collaboratively with matrixed departments and leadership to project plan, problem-solve and deliver results
- Proven experience communicating complex ideas in effective & efficient manor, verbally and in-writing in English.
- Strong Excel, MS office, reporting and presentation skills. Experience with SAP/Business Objects a plus.
- Ability to work independently and drive process improvements
- French speaking preferred
The position requires frequent travels.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time