Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as DevOps Lead
Siemens Healthineers is looking for an experienced Head of DevOps to design, implement, and monitor DevOps toolset and best practices for team developing software for a new Laboratory Diagnostic instrument.
You will have the opportunity to transform and lead the DevOps Strategy of the department within a large organization. You will be part of a software engineering team distributed across multiple locations. You will also lead a team of offshore DevOps engineers.
This position will report to Head of Quality and Software Infrastructure team.
- The Head of DevOps is responsible for managing a team of DevOps Engineers across multiple sites including off-shore and contractors to design and implement the DevOps strategy and roadmap for the organization.
- Incumbent will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of the DevOps pipeline including following all the outlined process of code review, design review and unit and integration testing.
- Works closely with Leadership and other stakeholders to deliver on key strategic goals of the organization.
- The DevOps team is responsible for the successful configuration management, build and deployment of integrated and stand-alone releases into production.
- Architect, implement and maintain:
- Build strategies and definitions.
- CI/CD tooling and processes.
- Packaging and deployment pipelines/solutions.
- Administer our Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance.
- Automate Software and OS configuration through PowerShell and MSI packages.
- Maintain and secure all of our environments.
- Troubleshoot production issues and steer them to resolution along with other teams.
- Improve deployment processes to ensure zero downtime and simple rollback protocols for all releases.
- Build/improve monitoring and alerting solutions in cloud and onPrem settings.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
- Develop new TFS build and release solutions
- Migrate and refactor existing TFS build and release solutions
- Proficiency in Powershell, Python and other programming languages
- Experience developing and designing software installation solutions (WIX, MSIx …. )
- Working knowledge and Experience with Azure cloud services
- Advise business and software delivery leadership on how to translate requirements into working technology solutions
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5+ years of experience managing DevOps team.
- Knowledge of professional DevOps practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, CI/CD, and installation.
- Solid experience with Software Configuration Management, infrastructure and automation tools.
- Strong scripting experience including PowerShell.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) Administration.
- Familiarity with building/deploying C++/C#/.NET applications.
- Experience integrating static/dynamic code analysis tools into the build pipelines.
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
Job ID: 182669
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.