- Provide legal support for all Labor/Employment needs of a global company.
- Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, responses to charges of discrimination, and employment agreements.
- Provide counsel to human resources and executive management on Labor/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions in force, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
- Proactively monitor and advise business clients on labor and employment laws globally.
- Oversight of employment litigation and outside counsel.
- Mid-level attorney with 5-10 years of experience practicing labor and employment law.
- International experience required, preferably in Europe; must be able to handle employment matters across multiple countries/jurisdictions.
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Will report to head of labor and employment law group for Siemens PLM Software.
- Position requires strong counseling and advice skills, broad knowledge of international labor and employment laws across multiple countries, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively.
- Candidate must be able to work independently in a team-oriented culture.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law in the location hired or licensed in any location with ability to practice as an in-house attorney in the location hired.
- This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 30 hours per week.
- Preferred location is Frimley, United Kingdom, Wilsonville, Oregon or Plano, Texas. However, will consider any location where either Siemens Industry Software or Mentor Graphics has a significant office location.
Job ID: 182721
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.