Work with a team of engineers to develop the next generation of controls and monitoring systems for reciprocating engines & compressors. Duties including, but not limited to designing, validating, and commissioning of developed systems. Adopts existing concepts, methodologies, etc. in order to create and open up new ways of approaching and fulfilling specific internal and external client requests or R&D project requirements.
- Identify and develop new technology for unit and site monitoring and automation product development.
- Assesses the possibilities for technical realization for R&D projects based on market requirements, recommends automation and monitoring solutions for modification and upgrade opportunities.
- Supports drafting technical requirements for reciprocating engine and compressor monitoring and control systems.
- Defines components and software by calculation or by their specification according to the requirements and, if necessary, documents the required technical proofs
- Acts as a specialized know-how owner for a technical discipline.
- Collaborates with specialists of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate technical interfaces.
- Support launch and commissioning of upgraded units.
- Works with digitalization team to support connectivity for cloud-based asset monitoring.
- Identify and develop next-generation technology for unit and site monitoring and automation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Will typically have a minimum of 8 years experience in engines or control systems technology.
- Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering degree B. Sc. Or M.Sc.
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-motivated and mission oriented.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Woodward GAP and Labview/Simulink experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial and/or automotive control and monitoring systems and technology.
- Past experience with product development
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182729
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.