Professional Engineering License Required
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Power Systems Study Engineer for their Power Systems Center of Competence. This person performs applications engineering and analytical studies on MV and LV electrical power distribution systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and government customers in metropolitan area. This person will report to the Power System Engineering Manager and will have no direct reports.
Principal activity is preparation of short circuit, device evaluation; protective device coordination and arc flash studies. Prior experience performing electrical power systems analysis is required. Preferred candidate will have current P.E. registration, experience using SKM and/or EasyPower product suite and have electrical power systems applications engineering, installation and/or field service background. Some travel is required for field data collection and customer review meetings. Candidate will be responsible for supporting end user, contractor & distributor accounts within the US, Canada, and Latin America.
Computer analysis includes building of electrical one line diagrams utilizing EasyPower, SKM and AutoCAD software, performing short circuit, load flow, arc flash, and voltage drop analysis of customer systems. Candidate will also evaluate analysis and prepare written report on findings. Candidate should have demonstrated aptitude for working successfully on project teams and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
All qualified candidates MUST have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, MSEE preferred.
- Holds a Professional Engineer License in the USA
- Expertise on Arc Flash and power system studies, including short circuit, protective device coordination, load flow, grounding, harmonic and power quality studies.
- Experience using SKM, EasyPower, or ETAP power system analysis product suites.
- Power systems applications engineering, design, testing and installation supervision background desired.
- Be able to provide hard copies of power system analysis, reports, and calculations completed.
- Broad industry experience is desired - working with LV and MV installations at utilities, industrial plants, commercial and residential facilities.
- Candidate must be open to 20% travel in the US.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Performs complex installation, testing, upgrades, checkout, startup/commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of
- electronic components in accordance with industry standards.
- Applies knowledge of low and medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, circuit breakers, panel boards,
- transformers, surge protection devices, relays, power quality meters and battery systems to serve as the subject matter
- expert, on behalf of Siemens, to the customer.
- Instructs customer representatives on the features and safe operation of Siemens equipment.
- Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
- Interacts with the customer and project stakeholders tactfully and professionally.
- Leads a team to accomplish the project’s scope of work on schedule
- Provides estimates during the project planning phase. Works with the project manager to make recommendations that
- ensure the success of the project.
- Works safely and promotes a safe work environment for others.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 182733
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.