Siemens Industry, Inc. Energy Management Transmission Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Project Management Specialist for major High Voltage Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System (FACTS) and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) projects. As the Project Management Specialist, you will be responsible for the overall project profit/loss. This position reports to the Director of Project Management and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners of the company, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career you’ve always been looking for. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own backyard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing business units in Siemens USA.
· Lead full scope solution plan development on the most complex projects or programs
· Design strategic project/program opportunities
· Lead project/program management activities
· Define scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities) for the most complex projects or programs
· Lead the technical review of system design and documentation
· Design continuous improvement opportunities
· Cultivate client relationship and sales opportunities
Knowledge, Skill, Education and Experience:
1. At least 8 + years of experience in High Voltage Substation projects or equivalent education and experience required
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
3. Must possess excellent communication and team building skills
4. Ability to prioritize and network across the enterprise
5. PMP certified preferred
6. Ability to travel as needed, could meet or exceed 30%
Not required but preferred:
1. Credentials and experience in Engineering (Electrical preferred) and Construction Management is a plus.
2. PMP certificate from PMI as well as PM@Siemens certification preferred which will be required in this position.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182814
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.