This position is responsible for installation and start-up duties on assigned projects. As needed this position will be
assigned to a project team with selected duties at the direction of the project manager. This position requires work to be
completed in both office and field locations.
- Executes projects from inception to close. Performs all duties as installation specialist.
- Adheres to all Siemens project standards according to project category.
- Performs start-up and installation tasks on Siemens controllers and equipment as needed.
- Field installs and troubleshoots all aspects of building control system.
- Oversees electrical installations of engineering designs.
- Prepares required documentation (drawings, schedules, databases, programs, etc.) and schedules subsequent hand-off
to field operations team.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Generates DDC point database on all projects. Generates code for equipment as required.
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in commissioning and validation.
- Creates or oversees the creation of system graphics.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings.
- Participates in job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or vocational technical training required.
- 1-3 Years of HVAC controls experience.
- Knowledge of HVAC/Controls industry fundamentals
- Knowledge of Office Software required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This position is based in the Mechanicsburg, PA office but will require local travel to sites and US travel for training.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 4-10 years installation experience in systems / controls / mechanical / electrical or other related experience preferred.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator.
- Knowledge of HVAC, Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and other mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols both industrial and commercial.
- Knowledge or programming techniques in an industrial setting.
Job ID: 182815
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.