How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Stator Winder where you will be responsible for installing and connecting insulated coils into the stator core of 3 phase electric motors. You will be assigned to work 2nd shift at our Norwood, Ohio facility and your training will be conducted on either 1st or 2nd shift. In this position you will join the collective bargaining Union.
Your responsibilities will include.
- Efficiently wind and perform operations necessary to insure quality stators per specified manufacturing methods
- Efficiently perform all operations necessary to ensure Stators conform to all quality standards
- Check dimensions during manufacturing process with electrical and mechanical measuring equipment
- Visually check and reject or accept Stators for material defects per specified quality standards
- Transport Stators from staging area to the next workstation
- Use and read electrical and mechanical measuring devices to check, reject or accept Stators for dimensional acceptance
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required
- Must be able to read and understand all drawings and Bill of Materials related to Stators
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
What other knowledge or experience will assist you in this position?
- Experience working with electrical test equipment (resistance meters, hi-pot testers, surge testers, etc.)
- Experience working with resistance brazing equipment and/or torch brazing equipment
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. Siemens is rigorously demonstrating the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase efficiency and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Job ID: 182831
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.