This position is a process engineer position for the operations team in GP PGO PR MHG ORL CLV.
- Supports Siemens Charlottesville Operations in Process Engineering and Manufacturing aspects.
- Provides real-time shop floor manufacturing support including lean projects.
- Generates shop floor work instructions and manufacturing standards
- Perform process data analysis, lead Six Sigma & lean continuous improvement projects and facilitate process development.
- Works closely with site management
- Role in Charlottesville will provide potential interface points including:
- External customers / site implementation
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, preferably materials engineering or mechanical engineering
- 5 years of Manufacturing / Process / Quality Engineering Experience
- Experience in die casting, molding, or ceramic engineering/manufacturing preferred
- Experience in manufacturing environment and understanding of manufacturing needs
- Results driven, technical expert with practical and manufacturing friendly solutions
- Proven track record of yield/quality improvements and productivity gains
- Lean Six Sigma training & experience preferred
- Correlation knowledge between part requirement and actual manufacturing capabilities
- Knowledge of Work instructions, their need, creation, and manufacturing friendliness
- High initiative and strong team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel, up to 10%
Job ID: 182843
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.