Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Accountant.
Siemens Healthineers seeks Accounting Professional to become a leading contributor to its Accounting team. This person will be responsible for reviewing capex projects, M&A accounting, impairment reviews and researching, documenting and implementing accounting positions and IFRS pronouncements. This person will work collaboratively with business units and across functional groups and HQ teams to understand business transactions and to form well-reasoned accounting judgments and conclusions. The person must demonstrate strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
˗ Capex review i.e. intangible/tangible assets including R&D spend, in line with Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (FRG) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
˗ M&A implementation, accounting, integration and carve-our activities.
- Coordination of M&A topics from Accounting side
- Periodic Impairment reviews in line with the requirements of FRG.
- Draft accounting policies and white papers for new accounting pronouncements and ensure that existing policies reflect current accounting guidance.
- Key role player in the implementation of new IFRS requirements e.g. IFRS 16, IFRS 9 both from accounting and project management perspective.
- Prepare and support monthly/quarterly reporting and review various account reconciliations.
- Support month-end/Quarterly close process.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. CPA preferred
- 7+ years of public or public and industry (Fortune 500) accounting experience; preferably with a big-4 accounting firms with experience or exposure technical accounting groups.
- Exposure to M&A accounting including transaction advisory
- Financial reporting experience with demonstrated ability to write well-reasoned position papers.
- Proficient in SAP and in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Must display a high level of critical thinking, bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross functional problems.
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 182845
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.