The Remote Services Center (RSC) Technical Support Technician (TST) is a key contributor providing hardware/software support and direction to our teams directly supporting our customers within the Americas. The Technical Support Technician reports to the Senior Manager, Regional Support Center Americas at Siemens Healthineers.
Our three main areas of focus:
- Technical and Escalation Support of customers and customer facing teams
- Making our people better through knowledge share sessions
- Making our products better through involvement in system reviews/audits, Product Health Teams and engagement with Headquarters Support Center (HSC) and Service Lifecycle Management (SLM).
The RSC Technical Support Technician (TST) must respond to complex instrument problems, counseling customers and field personnel on corrective and preventive measures. This support is provided remotely or through joint visits with the field personnel.
The RSC Hardware Consultant is also the primary liaison between the field and Headquarters Support Center (HSC).
- Possesses total familiarity with mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, optical, and operational aspects of designated Siemens products as evidenced by the ability to effectively assist Customer Service Engineers and direct customer calls.
- Serving as the product expert and guiding first level personnel and customers on complex problem identification and troubleshooting to drive resolution to improve customer satisfaction and service metrics.
- Travels in support of first level teams to provide on-site incident management and resolution
- Provides trip report to local manager following on-site events
- Gathers information, technical issues and concerns from the first level and conveys them to HSC and fellow RSC, and in turn conveys technical information from HSC back to the first level, keeping abreast of current trends and increasing awareness of product improvements
- Drives the call escalation process to effectively solve complex instrument problems as the next level up from the Service Specialist, Area Specialist and/or customers. Escalates issues to a national level when necessary and manages critical account situations as necessary.
- Works with Product Education personnel to evaluate training classes and provides input to improve or update lesson plans.
- Provides evaluation and appropriate feedback on service manual revisions, technical bulletins, modifications, parts inventory and review of new products and procedures to ensure quality field service.
- Participates on new product launch teams as needed.
- Appropriately documents all work in Global Service Management System(GSMS) and SAP systems
- Provide pre-clarification assistance, ensuring “Best-in-Class” reactive, proactive and interactive support to countries within the Americas
- Works in accordance with government regulations, FDA, and OSHA; works in accordance with the Siemens Healthineers Quality System, including all applicable training requirements and enforcement of all company safety guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- College degree or equivalent high level experience in Bio-medical engineering, electronics engineering or mechanical engineering
- Eight or more years of experience with a Siemens Training Certification for Dimension and Dimension Vista Products
- Possess strong all round IT skills; TCP/IP and network basics knowledge is highly desirable
- Proven customer service skills to effectively manage difficult situations while maintaining great customer relationships
- A self-starter is a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective, thorough and consistent documenting skills are essential to the success in this position
- Candidate must agree to a one week standby support rotation every four weeks
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Willingness to travel internationally, specifically within North and South America
- Team Player
- Efficient in time management
- Able to multi-task
- Flexibility in an ever changing environment
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Multilingual for languages in North America is a plus but not necessary
- Bachelor Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
Job ID: 182851
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.