How does the executive management obtain its assurance over the accuracy of its books and records? Through a well-managed internal control system, of course! As a risk and internal controls analyst, you will be responsible for helping create that assurance! Your responsibility will be to manage the internal control system (end-to-end) for select business units / support functions within Corporate Country United States. You will not only coordinate internal controls assessments within the Information Technology function and the Smart Infrastructure operating company also each year test the effectiveness and design of internal controls, but also be a close partner / consultant to the business as you continuously engage them with proposals on creating a efficiency in their processes without losing assurance. This job requires also the ability to manage multiple topics and stakeholders simultaneously while also maintaining a strong focus on the timely remediation of deficiencies prior to the close of the fiscal year.
- Represents the Risk and Internal Control department of Siemens Corporation. Supporting Information Technology and the Smart Infrastructure Operating Company. Performs as the main point of contact for select internal customers and external auditors in all questions related those internal controls.
- Participates in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed Information Technology internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard the company’s’ assets, this includes risk-based, general and application controls audits, risk assessments, and consulting services. Includes coordination of Central Finance Auditing and external auditor control procedures.
- Leads the IT Assurance forum for the US in coordination and sharing of information and best practices.
- Reviews and Evaluates the findings of the ISAE 3402/SSAE 18/SOC 1 Type 2 reports.
- Ensures that all business and support functions have covered the most significant risk attributes by well defined and robust internal controls.
- Consults internal customers on ways to improve the quality and efficiency of their internal controls. (e.g. through automation and improved methods of documentation), while maintaining the same or even increasing the overall level of assurance.
- Maintains and updates testing procedures for independent assessors so that internal controls are properly understood by the assessors and that testing is conducted in an efficient and qualitative manner.
- Manages the entire assessment process end-to-end, including the scoping of controls to be tested, as well as the selection, training, guidance and monitoring of Independent Assessors.
- Facilitates and drives the remediation of internal control weaknesses with multiple stakeholders (support function heads, business units and other process owners) with a strong focus on a timely but also sustainable remediation thereof.
- Ensures clear ownership in all control processes through strong communication and alignment skills.
- Prepares and documents well defined deficiency descriptions with a proper materiality calculation and root causes in order to allow for data and trend analysis within the region.
- Develops and executes trainings for the department and also other stakeholders on a wide range of topics related to the risk and internal controls process of Siemens.
- Creates and develops new ideas / continuous improvement actions to help make the existing internal controls process more efficient and executed in a higher quality.
- Provides regular status updates on the status of all major milestones, including support of the department management for presentations to the executive management of Siemens in the US.
- Supports the quarterly Risk and Internal Control Meetings, quarterly internal certification for internal control over financial reporting and the annual in-control certification.
- Partners with designated business unit to build communication and increase transparency
- Supports best practice sharing, benchmarking with other regions and harmonization/standardization of internal processes.
- Bachelor's degree
- IT general computer controls in the areas of change management, logical security, physical and environmental security, back-up and recovery, audit logging and monitoring, job scheduling, etc.
- Working knowledge of information systems. Understanding of potential risks around software, hardware platforms, processes, and interfaces
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills, e.g. able to sort through complex data and reach balanced and well supported judgments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proven ability to prepare and present information to all management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments, achieve deadlines and deliver quality results within a team environment
- Strong focus on efficiency and process improvement
- Creative, thinks “outside the box”
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with teammates, key stakeholders, and business and functional experts and influence decision outcomes
- High level of professionalism and sense of urgency, awareness of when and when not to escalate
- Preference given to individuals with demonstrated knowledge/background in internal control principles, experience in risk and control self-assessment, including risk and control testing, and business process improvement
- Flexible and adapt well to changing environments
- Consultative approach
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e.g. ability to prepare professional slides for management, as well as use other tools to prepare waterfall charts, quickly analyze data through the use of formulas.
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, …) preferred
- Knowledge of COBIT framework
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- 4+ years in accounting or audit role preferred
- Advanced testing including automated testing development and execution techniques preferred
- Ability to program macros (or other tools) as well as ability to automate processes through tools a plus.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 182867
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.