Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to truly make an impact. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
As a Risk and Internal controls analyst, you will be responsible for helping create the assurance needed by the executive management team for its books and records! Your responsibility will be to manage the internal control system (end-to-end) for select business units / support functions within Corporate Country United States. You will not only coordinate internal controls assessments within the Information Technology function and the Smart Infrastructure operating company, but also be a close partner / consultant to the business as you continuously engage them with proposals on creating a efficiency in their processes without losing assurance. This job requires also the ability to manage multiple topics and stakeholders simultaneously while also maintaining a strong focus on the timely remediation of deficiencies prior to the close of the fiscal year.
- Bachelor's degree
- IT general computer controls in the areas of change management, logical security, physical and environmental security, back-up and recovery, audit logging and monitoring, job scheduling, etc.
- Working knowledge of information systems. Understanding of potential risks around software, hardware platforms, processes, and interfaces
- Strong intellectual and analytical skills, e.g. able to sort through complex data and reach balanced and well supported judgments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to prepare and present information to all management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments, achieve deadlines and deliver quality results within a team environment
- Solid focus on efficiency and process improvement
- Creative, thinks “in an unexpected way”
- Demonstrable ability to build strong partnerships with teammates, key business leaders, and business and functional experts and influence decision outcomes
- High level of professionalism and sense of urgency, awareness of when and when not to raise awareness
- Preference given to individuals with proven knowledge/background in internal control principles, experience in risk and control self-assessment, including risk and control testing, and business process improvement
- Flexible and adapt well to changing environments
- Consultative approach
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e.g. ability to prepare professional slides for management, as well as use other tools to prepare waterfall charts, quickly analyze data through the use of formulas.
- Self-motivation and attention to detail
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree or professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, …) preferred
- Knowledge of COBIT framework
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- 4+ years in accounting or audit role preferred
- Advanced testing including automated testing development and execution techniques preferred
- Ability to program macros (or other tools) as well as ability to automate processes through tools a plus.
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 182867
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.