The Infrastructure Engineer is a member of the Development Operations group within the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software Manufacturing Operations Management organization.
The ideal candidate is strongly motivated with keen interest in the field of Development Operations. Infrastructure Engineer works closely with Software Engineers to help deploy and operate QA and Development systems. In addition, engineer helps to automate and streamline company’s operations and processes including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Support day to day operations of Deployment Pipeline.
- Development and maintain Virtual Infrastructure automation/orchestration.
- Develop automated deployment jobs using PowerShell.
- Support integration between Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) systems such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Polarion.
- Participate in Agile SCRUM activities such as daily standup, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Continually seeking methods to enhance upon current processes.
- Strong knowledge of Development Operation principles and practices.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare-SX/ESXi/vSphere/vCloud/Horizon, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Good with SQL and understanding of Relational Databases (Oracle, SQLServer, PostgeSQL, cloud-based databases).
- In-depth knowledge of Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server / DevOps Server.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and/or other container technologies.
- Knowledge of, and experience in automation of cloud infrastructure: AWS or equivalent.
- Experience working with configuration platforms such as Ansible / Chef or equivalent.
- Experience with Windows development environment including .NET.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server and Client operation systems.
- 4+ years’ experience in technical development or engineering position in a large client/server environment.
- Working experience of Agile/SCRUM/Kanban techniques.
- Strong communication, organizational and documentation skills.
- Experience with Intelligence and data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Programming skills: Java, C#, .NET.
- Ability to troubleshoot Quality Assurance test environments.
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related Technical Field or equivalent experience.
Job ID: 182871
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.