Seasonal Field Service Engineer/ Project Manager
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? In this hands-on role, you will travel to Siemens customer power plants though out US and abroad to perform maintenance, repair, and modification of large steam and gas turbine generators and related equipment. You will report directly to one of our Local District Service Managers and has a high degree of customer interface.
As an accomplished Seasonal Engineer, you will select between the 1700, 1560, and 1248 tier Seasonal hour programs
- Supervision of mechanical maintenance crews ranging in size from 1 to 30 persons disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling large steam/gas turbine generators.
- Leads job site safety programs and performs complex site surveys to develop maintenance plans.
- Completes and submits detailed reports covering all job activity.
- May be required to complete the planning and estimating of resources and durations required for specific scopes of work for customer proposals.
- Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual mentorship throughout task duration.
- Lead and direct subcontractors to perform specific maintenance related tasks and serve is the primary Siemens jobsite contact.
We look for the following Education to be successful in this role:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
- Associate of Science Degree with an accumulation of 4 years of equivalent experience or
- Non-degreed individuals who can demonstrate a minimum of 8 yrs equivalent experience
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Experience
You will move to the top of the pack if you have:
- Experience in the general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
- Experience leading safety programs, performing maintenance on large turbine generators or in a similar industrial environment with risks and hazards that require the use of practices and procedures intended to keep personnel safe and maintain a safe work environment. This includes but is not limited to use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and pre-job briefs or risk assessments.
- Experience working with union labor
- Experience working to and updating complex schedules. Familiarity with related software such as Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
As a field service engineer, you would report to one of the Siemens Service offices, which are located in the following locations:
Chicago, IL or Orlando, FL
Will consider other locations if candidate is located near a major airport.
- Applicants for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week, day or night shift. Ability to travel 70%
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: 182872
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.