Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Mechanical Engineering Intern.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Mechanical
Engineering Intern you will be responsible for:
- Create and/or review test plans of complex mechanical systems
- Support the assembling and tuning of complex test setups
- Support test plans execution
- Participate in the collection of data and in their analysis, create test reports
- Participate in the review and analysis of mechanical drawings of components and assemblies
- Support and participate in the debugging of mechanical prototypes
This position may
suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Education required: high school diploma and 1 year of engineering education
- Academic majors: Mechanical engineering
- Technical skills: basic knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word, basic knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts and of manufacturing processes experience with 3D CAD software, coursework in mechanics, materials science, fluid dynamics, heat transfer
Preferred skills to have for the success of this role
- Hands on experience in running mechanical test fixtures
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition electronics, e.g. data loggers, thermistors, encoders
- Previous experience with the creation of mechanical drawings
- Coursework in: strength of materials, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, statistics, dynamics
Start date in May 2020
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 182876
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.