Siemens Smart Infrastructures is looking for a Software Developer with an embedded software development background for their Low Voltage Products organization in the Electronics R&D department in Norcross, GA. We are looking for a candidate with 3 to 5 years’ experience in embedded hardware/software/firmware engineering and development.
The candidate will work with a team of design engineers (hardware, software, mechanical and test) to develop new smart and connected products in the field of electrical protection, power distribution and monitoring in the department portfolio. This position will provide software engineering support from the concept phase to manufacturing of product.
This position requires the successful candidate to work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary engineering design team and develop embedded software/firmware written in C/C++ language. Further the successful candidate is expected to complete software simulation, prototype verification, support factory pre-production prototypes build, support the completion of various certifications required for the product (UL,CSA etc.).
The candidate will be required to convey the project status and test results to the development teams. They may be required to update the product performance to the organization and the senior management occasionally.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Write and review software design specifications for new product features.
• Design and develop embedded software prototypes to evaluate new technology and assess feasibility.
• Design, implement, review and test embedded system software.
• Develop software with a unit test driven methodology to ensure smooth integration cycles. Work with hardware team in hardware bring-up, test activities, debugging and support integrated validation efforts.
• Integrate third party applications and OEM components with designed product.
• Follow innovative trends in software engineering technology in keeping software components in products up to date with state-of-art technologies.
• Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
• Ensure software quality standards are maintained and help further a process driven environment.
• Interact with internal and external development partners from a multi-cultural, global development team.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar is required.
2. 3 to 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in embedded software development and software architecture development.
3. Understanding of SW development processes (Embedded).
4. Experience in C/C++.
5. Knowledge and Experience using MATLAB/SIMULINK and converting analytical results into efficient embedded software.
6. Experience working with multiple communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART etc.).
7. Experience working with industry standard programmers and debugging environments (JTAG etc.)
8. Capability and willingness to travel (5-10%/year) domestically and must have the ability to travel outside of the United States of America.
9. Advanced degree (Master’s degree) is a plus.
1. Knowledge of product requirements and design documentation tree is desired.
2. Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively.
3. Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including, product management and engineers.
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
5. Produce excellent results with minimal supervision, independently debug, optimize and able to test complex code base.
6. Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
7. Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
8. Familiarity with software version control such as GIT, Rational ClearCase etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.