Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, this position is
responsible for providing inspection, testing and preventive maintenance service
for fire sprinkler equipment to comply with NFPA25 Standards as well as state
and local codes; completing required documentation including deficiency repair
recommendations; performing and/or coordinating work for compliance. Must have
working knowledge of Wet, Dry, Pre-Action and Deluge Sprinkler Systems and
· Responsible for the execution of service schedules including routine servicing, inspection, and up sell to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. The Fire Sprinkler Inspector combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives. Ensures the quality and service of self and others.
· Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections, testing, servicing, and preventative maintenance of Sprinkler and life safety systems.
· Completes Service Orders with proper coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer. Make minor repairs while under direct authorized supervision. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned. .
· Perform fire protection inspections and preventive maintenance services on Fire Alarm systems, Security Systems and Automatic Sprinkler Systems.
· Maintain professional, timely, communication with customers to assure problem resolution.
· Organize and effectively utilize technical resources, information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of all assigned tasks.
· Monitor and assure the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
Complete and submit all required task-related,
activity, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum of 2 years experience in service, installation, inspections, sales or management in the fire sprinkler industry.
· Must have working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
· Must be proficient in the use of personal computers to include Windows and Excel
· Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces and above ceilings. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, tasks, and duties. Ability to complete assigned tasks and special projects with minimal supervision or direction.
· Must be able to communicate in the English language both in oral and written format. Must have excellent communications skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
· May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays as well as alternative shifts or work nights
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Experience with fire alarm systems is preferred. Knowledge of fire alarm circuitry, associated low voltage systems and basic fire alarm maintenance capabilities is a plus
· Fire pump and/or fire backflow prevention device inspection and testing experience highly desired.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Job ID: 182884
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.