Siemens Healthineers, a world leader in diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics, molecular medicine, and digital health is seeking a thought leader to join our team of 48,000 professionals worldwide. Through creativity and innovation, the General Manager – Medicalis within our Digital Services division will help solve complex issues that will enable providers to evolve healthcare in the delivery of precision medicine, improving both patient and physician experience, and transform care delivery itself.
Digitizing healthcare is the foundation for Siemens Healthineers’ strategy. The Digital Services division is at the forefront of developing groundbreaking technologies that enable this digitization movement, which is more than simply technology, but brings together medical devices, healthcare professionals, and patients for better care outcomes.
As a Database Developer/Administrator you will be responsible for database design, development and maintenance of our core products. This includes contributing to architecture, design, coding, and unit testing, responding to and resolving support and deployment issues as well as being a domain expert with MS SQL configuration, installation, monitoring, security and disaster recovery activities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with product management and architecture to design and modify schemas
- Design and provisioning of solution infrastructure
- Documentation of design and schema definition
- Performance considerations of design and tuning of SQL code
- Support of high availability production systems
- Effective use of performance monitoring for SQL Server and profiler tracing
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology or equivalent technical related program
- 5+ years’ of related experience
- Demonstrated work experience in a MS SQL Server DBA role
- OLTP and OLAP environments
- Reporting tools and dashboard technologies
- Database modeling (ERWin and/or ERStudio)
- Demonstrated advanced level experience with index tuning and procedure optimization
- MS SQL Server, OLTP and OLAP experience
- Previous experience working as administration and DR in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- Strong attention to detail
- Drive to complete projects with high quality
- A self-starter who is a quick learner, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, listening, and presentation skills
Job ID: 182892
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.