Our Commissioning Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel locomotives or coaches. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and we are working together with the customer on site to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. You will be mainly responsible for commissioning and troubleshooting, repairing and improving our vehicles to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability. This position is based in Stockton, California.
- Commissioning and troubleshooting locomotives or coaches
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 5 years experiences in relevant field
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical Diploma
- Field Service or Operations experience preferably in the railroad industry
Job ID: 182894
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.