The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating—as well as the budgeting activities and financial reports--concerned with new construction or retrofit projects. This role also participates in the conceptual development of a project and oversees its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales through operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the final building automation inspection and the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confers with engineering and specialists’ supervisors to discuss such matters as work procedures, scope-and-scheduling/work sequence, project-specific safety plans, etc.
Works with our internal Financial Business Administration (FBA) team to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with our customers.
Communicates effectively with customers/contractors during the project.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required. (Bachelor's Degree in Project / Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field preferred.)
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Construction project management experience relevant to the type of projects performed by our Building Automation Team.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Proven ability to successfully manage assigned projects that meet or exceed project schedule and cost estimate.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems
- Must have a strong working knowledge of scheduling software, Microsoft Office (including Access and Excel) and MS Project 2013.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Project/Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.