Russelectric, A Siemens Business, is a leading U.S. manufacturer of power control systems including paralleling switchgear and automatic transfer switches. As a growing business, we are looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Hingham, MA location. The Sr. Buyer is responsible for all activities related to assigned suppliers/parts. The person in this role will work with relevant business partners to develop and drive a technology roadmap, align business requirements with supplier capabilities and ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Monitor MRP exception messages for shortages, expedites and de-expedites
• Execute on PO’s as required to support plan and production requirements
• Commodity Strategy:
• Work with Business Unit commodity managers for pooled commodities and drive location specific commodities by participating in the negotiation of yearly agreements on selected suppliers and commodities ensuring price improvements, low inventory exposure and quick turn fulfillment as required by the BU
• Assist with developing commodity technology roadmaps and sourcing plan, aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
• Monitors supplier contracts and agreements for non-pooled commodities to meet the specific needs of the business and ensure service continuity and mitigating service/business risks
• Lead Supplier non-conformance resolutions working with plant quality and Central Quality team
• Participates with Procurement Engineering / design engineer to influence technical design decisions to meet product expectations, technical requirements, and business objectives
• Interface with Engineering, Planning and Sales to assess current and future sourcing requirements
• Recommend strategic sourcing candidates based on BU market and business analysis and product roadmaps relative to supplier capabilities and forward-looking technology advancements
• Development and maintenance of positive supplier and internal customer relationships by adhering to high standards of business ethics and fair dealing
• Ensure the BU interest are represented in all competitive sourcing activities leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
• Support cost improvements initiatives
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
• Two-year degree in Materials Management, Business Administration or related discipline desired but will consider candidates with no degree who have 7 plus years of equivalent experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. Desirable but not essential.
• 7+ years of buying experience of electromechanical components experience.
• Sound decision making and clear communication with Sales, Finance, Engineering and Production.
• Demonstrated capability to interpret data and trends and developing action plans.
• Must have a successful track record of leadership, and conflict resolution in a way that promotes teamwork and positive relationships.
• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
• APICS certification in Materials Management, CPM desirable but not essential.
• Experience working in both large companies and start-ups, and how to negotiate well in both environments.
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
• Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with team members and suppliers.
• Extensive negotiation experience with suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction.
• Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and supply.
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection).
• Experience supporting Engineering and Production in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment is desired.
• Must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and be at the expert level in Excel or similar software. Power user status in ERP systems (i.e.: SAP, Oracle, etc.) preferred.
• Clear and positive verbal and written communication skills to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email.
Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 182903
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Russelectric Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.