Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Procurement Engineer 4
Job Location: Issaquah, WA
· Guides the product manufacturing and/or product development process in undertaking and pushing forward very complex cost reduction measures (design to cost, target costing, standardization, key data,etc.) to achieve the target costs for materials and reduce the overall material costs.
· Provides very complex support for projects in lines of business to provide optimum input for quotes, workshops, scope of material (BoM assessment) and realization of potential for savings.
· Guides cost-benefit analysis workshops with key suppliers to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects.
· Initiates market observation, conducts and provides very complex market information/analyses on international technology and price trends?to obtain new suppliers and new technologies in the supply chain.
· Guides activities planned by the lines of business to harmonize and implement technological line-of-business strategies with procurement strategies.
· Guides sourcing decisions with interface partners to incorporate tech
· Independently performs advanced areas of work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently
· Displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems
· Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or a related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or in an acceptable alternate occupation. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in the above listed fields and 5 years of experience in the job offered or in an acceptable alternate occupation.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 182908
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.