Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people throughout all modes of transportation, Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety, improve traffic flows and help cities to effectively manage their transportation infrastructure. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles. Many signature customers across the US like Seattle, New York City or Tampa believe in us. While ITS prides itself of being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for an experienced and motivated Procurement Manager to join our Miami-based project team, which will deploy our latest Siemens Traffic Controllers, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), as well as software technology which improves the overall traffic flow within the city.
Candidates in this dynamic and critical role can organize, control and monitor all procurement and purchasing activities in the project and define and implement procurement strategies targeting maximum contribution to the project and business results. This position will functionally report to the project management. Candidates must possess solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Florida infrastructure projects, and project management.
- Establish proper sourcing processes, project-specific procedures, control of all procurement resources and activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within the procurement organization to deliver optimum impact for the business and procurement targets. Meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply procurement regulations as per compliance and organization standards. Reviews other quality procedures that involve the own area of responsibility.
- Analyze project scope of supply, contractual obligations and end customer's functional needs. Identify procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage and to exploit savings potential. Monitors and assures compliance with applicable contractual requirements, laws, rules, instructions and standards.
- Derive the procurement strategy for the project in accordance with internal guidelines. Ensure implementation, as well as identify improvement opportunities to ensure alignment with strategic procurement targets and overall business strategies.
- Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by Commodity Management) to secure project targets. Create RFQ packages, SoW documents, working closely with engineering colleagues. Conduct eSourcing activities.
- Ensure that mitigation of procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims are covered in valid contracts with suppliers. Ensure that required customer contractual obligations are fulfilled by supplier to mitigate risk exposure.
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports. Proactively ensure resource availability, status, transparency.
- Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications and project-specific supplier evaluations and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers regarding non-conformances and contractual changes and deviations. Plan & perform supplier audits pre- and post-award.
-Prepare, issue, monitor and report on purchase orders in coordination with project management, scheduling and the project team. Ensure that all internal requirements are met prior to order placement. Handles the related logistics on incoming materials. Support with commercial and legal functions in case a claim must be filed to a supplier for inadequate services.
- Be proactive and share relevant procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, supplier management data) to relevant stakeholders, ensuring all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners are up to date. Work closely with cross-functional partners for procurement related processes and metrics.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A 4-year degree in business, economics or engineering
- Experience in project controls for US infrastructure and governmental projects
- 3 to 5 years of experience in project management, procurement or relevant disciplines
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Microsoft Suite and SAP computer skills required
- Understanding of transportation / traffic infrastructure systems and public road infrastructure deployment projects beneficial
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills