The Siemens Energy Sector is the world’s leading supplier of a complete spectrum of products, services and solutions for the generation, transmission and distribution of power and for the extraction, conversion and transport of oil and gas. Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to invent new technologies? Collaborate with other brilliant minds? Create the future with your ideas?
At Siemens, you can. Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. The position is for a Mechanical Engineer who would be designing and engineering custom solutions for the turbine control system upgrade market in the Energy sector. You would act as the primary customer contact for technical issues throughout the life of the project and report to the Operations Manager at the Siemens Loveland facility.
* Designs and engineers custom mechanical solutions for the turbine control system upgrade market (including high pressure hydraulic actuators, hydraulic power units, turbine protection systems, speed sensing kits, etc.)
* Acts as primary customer contact for technical issues throughout the life of a project
* Performs start-up and commissioning services on new systems and occasional aftermarket field service on older systems.
* Assists with assembly/test activities and leads customer witness testing when applicable.
* Provides regular project updates to project manager and operations manager
* Produces technical documentation for assigned projects and assists with creation of customer manuals
* Participates in the proposal process on large projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Completed Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 7-8 years of experience with turbomachinery equipment
* 4+ years of experience with turbomachinery control systems
* Experience with hydraulic engineering/design and/or structural engineering/design
* Experience with 3D mechanical design software a plus
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities
* Good oral and written communication skills
* MS Office experience
*Ability to travel up to 30%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Woodward GAP software experience desired
* PLC experience desired
* Customer interface experience desired
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182921
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.