Field Service Engineer
Customers around the world trust our products. And field service engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a competent advisor, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you don’t do “unfair.” Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, you will reach one hundred percent in your career.
In this hands-on
role, you will be the on-site interface performing maintenance on customer
equipment and resolve technical issues. You will also be accountable for
safety, quality and customer satisfaction while working at a customer
1. Candidate must live within one hour of a major airport.
2. Must be able to gain access to nuclear power plants, to include successful completion of all training requirements and background investigation(s) and be able to maintain access via compliance with fitness for duty (FFD) requirements, including random drug screenings and continuous behavioral observation (CBO).
3. Direct teams of Craft Labor Supervisors, Siemens Technicians and craft labor personnel in the safe installation, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer's equipment; including schedule requirements and efficient utilization of resources.
5. Interface with and provide field service engineering expertise to Project Manager, division and product-line management, as well as customer management.
6. Promote maximum customer satisfaction with Siemens’ capabilities and potential, and Siemens equipment reliability and availability.
7. Ensure the customer's technical concerns are adequately addressed.
8. Assist with outage-planning, including the review and analysis of technical recommendations to insure their compatibility with customer's technical and commercial requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
- Turbine-generator disassembly/reassembly, inspection and repair
- Sound engineering judgment
- Project management skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Problem solving
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Initiative and desire to learn
-5+ years of relevant experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You move to the top of the pack with:
- Steam turbine-generator Field Service Engineer
- Project management processes and techniques
- Siemens Field Service operations, procedures and computer systems
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of customer and Siemens organization
Siemens Gas and
Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the
evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad
competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely
comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers,
transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions
and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and
gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants
and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the
U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power
has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy
systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182934
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.