The US Immigration Consultant/Specialist in the Global Mobility department will partner with HR Business Consultants and Managers to support the immigration needs of all the businesses and provide immigration guidance across Siemens US. You will handle visa, track all case files and keep them moving through the process in a timely manner while utilizing the immigration vendor.
In addition, you will educate the businesses and will develop best practices to improve our level of service and efficiency.
- Support the US-inbound immigration needs of all the sectors across the enterprise, file casework with the vendor, maintaining their visa status and where applicable managing the permanent residency process
- Partner with HR to maintain compliance with immigration law. Where applicable, support filing new visa petition in line with associated change(s)
- Serve as the immigration specialist for each segment and provide strategic solutions, working with outside counsel for more complex cases
- Advise key stakeholders on US immigration regulation, alerts, updates, procedures, etc. to support the business in their headcount planning
- Develop and leverage external network to keep abreast of US immigration updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop alternative solutions to immigration challenges
- Monthly invoicing for outside vendors
- Maintain monthly billing Excel spreadsheets & status reports
- Evaluate current Siemens immigration processes suggesting improvements where needed to improve operational objectives
- Maintain centralized immigration folders on all visa and Green Card cases
- Proactively communicate with employees and other relevant contacts regarding the status of their visa cases and extensions
- Create and provide immigration training presentations to interested parties
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards for all work performed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of 2-5 years of directly related experience in the immigration field and with processing of US work visas
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all types of US work visa categories and in depth understanding of employment based green card process
- Must be highly organized and possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Collaborative professional with great relationship and communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Mobility, Recruiting, Hiring Managers, and candidates from countries throughout the world, as well as their families
- International work experiences a plus
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
** Relocation assistance is available for those candidates who are not local **
Job ID: 182936
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.