We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. We build next-generation high speed trains, smart energy networks and support NASA in their explorations of outer space. We need people like you! Experience specialists and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. Help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. So, what are you waiting for? Take your career step with us.
In this hands-on role, you will ensure product/process integrity for high voltage circuit breakers through the development and implementation of systems that support internal processes such as the nonconformance system, final or in-process inspections, root cause analysis, 8D corrective actions, and other QC related activities.
This position is accountable for:
- Reducing non-conformances and/or errors found in production and working with QM, Engineering, and Production to eliminate repeat issues.
- Managing nonconformance area product dispositioning and processing.
- Getting root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions in place while ensuring 8D method is followed effectively through implementation.
- Using customer field issues and internal NCR’s as drivers of 8D activities.
- Investigating first pass yield
failures and implementing corrective actions to prevent same type of failure
from occurring in future.
- Ensuring containment activities are performed when a non-conformance is discovered to prevent repeat issues.
- Timely completion of CAPA’s assigned to you for repeat issues / major issues with detailed root cause, corrective and preventive action and containment performed diligently.
- Supporting any customer witness points, external and internal customer requests, cost reduction activities, performing lessons learned and best practice sharing within teams.
- Performing detailed final and/or in-process inspections on product in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Reading electrical schematic drawings and product design drawings versus bill of materials.
- Reading and dissecting bill of materials to determine customer specific inspection items.
- Working as a team member on various cross-functional High Impact Project teams.
- Ensuring quality alerts are completed in a timely fashion.
- Reporting quality issues,
performance and metrics to management and other department team members as
- Working with supplier quality engineer on addressing issues found in the plant on supplied parts.
- Participating in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices.
- Participating in making changes to our Quality Management System.
- Writing and properly communicating internal or supplier related procedures or Quality Alerts as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Engineering degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial
2. Basic knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
3. Basic knowledge of how to read and understand electrical schematic drawings and 2D AutoCAD
4. Proficient with MS-Office applications.
5. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and
6. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
7. Team oriented personality who can also work independently.
8. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
9. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. Basic knowledge of High Voltage Products desired
2. One to Two years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Quality related role
3. Basic knowledge of SAP preferred
4. Good interpersonal skills, ability to work well in teams, ability to make the right judgments and
decisions, Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
5. Good analytical skills, root cause analysis skills, time management skills, be self-motivated and
self-directing and ability to proceed with minimal direction and information, good data mining skills
and good computer skills, ability to self-learn, good networking skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182938
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.