Sales Account Representative – Transmission and Distribution
Opportunities are never lost; they just go to someone else. Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity with a global technology leader that continually drives innovation within the Energy industry? Siemens Gas and Power is making a difference in the future of energy. The US field sales organization, Power Systems Sales (PSS), is currently searching for an Account Manager to be based in New Orleans, LA. As part of the Transmission & Distribution sales team you will have an exciting opportunity to work with one of the largest investor owned utilities in the US to leverage and sell a wide range of offerings, from smart grid applications to state-of-the art transmission and distribution solutions. This position will report to the Southeast Region Director of Transmission & Distribution Sales.
- Represent the entire range of Siemens T&D products, solutions, and services at a Key Account in the Southeast Region
- Product responsibilities will include Transmission Products (HV breakers, transformers, GIS, bushings, arresters), Transmission Solutions, Distributions Systems (MV breakers, GIS, switchgear), Digital Grid (software solutions, automation products, eMobility), and Services for all of the products above.
- Ensure customer satisfaction across product and solution portfolio
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the customer organization and understand customer organizational structure
- Act as focal point for issue resolution and ensure final close out
- Develop and implement Siemens strategic efforts within the Region
- Achieve orders entered goals and target objectives for business unit specific efforts and overall portfolio
- Manage product and project pipeline; communicate updates to internal stakeholders as needed
- Participate in strategic account planning and key account plan formulation
- Account Entergy Corporation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering or business
- 5+ years of industry-related experience in Transmission & Distribution products, marketing, sales, and/or factory experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and multi-tasking skills
- Broad understanding of the electric utility industry
- Ability to interpret customer needs and expectations and clearly communicate those to the Siemens organization
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to develop sales strategies and address customer issues
- General knowledge of the sales cycle for energy products, with specific understanding of Siemens processes and procedures
- Travel required about 50%
- Flexibility in schedule needed to attend some evenings and/or weekend for customer events.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Understanding of requirements for selling to large investor owned utilities, cooperatives, and municipalities
- Experience with negotiating and maintaining alliance and/or long-term service agreements
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate joint efforts across organizational boundaries
- Rapidly achieve internal support
- Experience with Siemens products
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 182939
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.