We make real what matters
Developing outstanding user experience is one of the critical core competencies of the Siemens Digital Communications function. Excellence in this area is key to our strategy for building an ingenious digital presence. User experience is a key differentiating competence in the future of communications.
Become a part of our multi-cultural, interdisciplinary User Experience team. We create customer value by providing a personally tailored, delightful digital experience – not generic websites or apps. As the UX Lead (External Ecosystems), you will be leading the design work for a suite of platforms, with a strong focus on innovative ways of serving clients online using leading-edge technology.
The role is based in Zürich, Switzerland. With teams in Zürich, Munich (our main hub) and Johannesburg, most of our meetings are virtual. However, some travelling to Munich on a regular basis should be expected.
- You’ll be the person with the UX vision, shaping the products from concept to minimum viable product (MVP) and onwards. For this reason, the UX Lead works closely with the product owner. You’ll need to be able to convincingly sell your ideas to end users, as well as to senior management and developers.
- Our design process typically stems from design thinking methodologies, but it is by no means rigid. Every project is different, and it’s up to you to decide which process and methodology to use at any given time. You will be the one planning and running design thinking workshops. You will be working with a team of hardworking designers, who will do most of the wireframing and designs. Still, it’s a big plus if you’re used to – and enjoy – getting your hands dirty from time to time.
- We strongly believe in data, and you should be familiar with methods for collecting and using data to support design decisions. But you should also have the confidence to decide when to adhere to such data and when it is necessary to go beyond in order to explore unchartered territory.
- We are pretty tool-agnostic and are constantly looking to optimise the way we do things. Currently, we’re using a mix of Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision and Principle. If you have forward-thinking ideas on how we can do better, we are all ears!
- We live and breathe agile, so a person from a similar background would be ideal. If you’re not yet proficient in agile methodology, a phenomenal team spirit, an open attitude, and good communication will go a long way. Also, you should know when to fight for your idea and when to compromise.
- Ideally, you will have 8–10 years of work experience within the field. But, more important than the number of years on your CV, we care about your ability to work in a team, your drive and confidence in what you do, your scalability and your flexibility to different types of projects.
- Last but not least: you’ll be joining a team of great people. We work hard but also enjoy our day’s work, and we hope you will do the same.
10 signs you’re the right candidate for us
- Complexity doesn't faze you, and you can simplify complex problems
- You’re an efficient designer who knows when to be lean and when to be rigorous
- You can take care of ambiguity, and you enthusiastically recommend creative solutions instead of waiting for direction from others
- People know you to be an active listener with an inquisitive mind
- You’re a natural collaborator and enjoy working with a cross-functional, cross-regional team
- Uniting and motivating teams comes naturally to you
- You have the ability to take ownership of complex issues and be a bridge between competing interests and personalities to get alignment and motivate change
- Communication is your forte, with the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical team members, and between project teams and senior leadership
- You have a good sense of humor and want to work hard, but you enjoy your day’s work
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 182973
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either