Performs complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls. Performs complex product
and service training to customers. Performs complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and completes
documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures. Performs complex service or
systems calls and interfaces with customer personnel to provide quality service and feedback on problem evaluation
and resolution. Performs assessment of complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and
recommends modifications or improvements. May participate in the negotiation and administration of service or systems
- Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs technical product support for equipment that has been newly
- Performs complex System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify
point database; creates/reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security
systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); creates /reviews and uploads point database, creates graphics in the
Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Network Technologies: verifies point database and programming operations are consistent with scope of work for the
intended integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure;
troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment
Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; drives issues to resolution.
- Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers,
switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirm proper network performance.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: Schedules with trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed;
coordinates network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with
equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their
- Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to
demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or
test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains
customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key
Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Previous Building Automation or DDC Controls experience.
- Metasys, Tridium Niagara, N2 experience preferred
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 183069
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.