Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is the one-stop supplier for sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain – from power transmission right through to the customer – and makes it possible to adapt smart power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the data management, business process execution and control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operations.
One of the business units in the Siemens Smart Infrastructure Operating Company is Digital Grid, which brings to market solutions that over time, are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. Siemens is making Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their Digital Grid visions. We have major locations in Toronto, Montreal, Fredericton and Regina Canada. We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future.
Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
What will you do?
The Enterprise Software Delivery Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for managing the delivery and implementation of Siemens software for Canadian utilities. This is a customer facing role that includes ongoing interactions between Siemens software business units and Siemens clients plus facilitating resolution of any technical matters arising during the client’s implementation process.
It is a senior level position requiring deep market knowledge and technical experience in utility smart grid software systems. This is a customer facing role that requires the skill set and personality necessary for lengthy customer technical interaction. The PM will be responsible for managing the scope of contracting and implementation of Siemens EnergyIP Meter Data Management (MDM) software.
The PM will provide relevant market information to the broader Siemens Product Management, and Product Development teams to successfully influence product roadmap strategy to align with customer expectations. This role will report to the Head of Digital Grid Software for Siemens Canada.
• Developing and tracking to a project budget and target dates
• Customer facing leadership and direct account management
• Effectively managing all project communications, including formal project reporting processes as required by both the client and Siemens.
• Providing the correct inputs to and supporting the invoice process such that billing is effective, timely and fair from both client and Siemens perspectives.
• Providing a channel for inquiries and problem resolution between the client and Siemens
• Writing, analyzing and obtaining the proper levels of approval for all contractual changes and/or requirements during the engagement (Change Requests, SOWs, Enhancements)
• Identifying and managing both risks and issues in a timely manner
• Adhering to and enforcing Siemens project processes and methodologies
• Providing leadership to the combined team of Siemens Project team and client representatives as required, to manage all Siemens issues, tasks and deliverables.
· Participate in and proactively pursue various Siemens initiatives such as Self-training on Siemens solutions, Process and methodology development and improvement, Project Management skills development and improvement
What will you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of experience as a Project Manager delivering large and complex enterprise software projects, ideally in the Utilities Smart Grid space
• PMP certification is a strong asset
• Experience in managing in a matrixed team environment without direct leadership role
• Experience with SOW contract writing, negotiations and scope control
• Strong MS Project skills or equivalent tools in setup and implementation of large-scale projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete tasks both efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy in a time sensitive environment
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate
all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration
will be contacted.
Job ID: 183073
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.