nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models developed
from them have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research
and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays an important role in
this. Together with our global network of experts, we are a strategic partner
to Siemens’ operative units and provide important services along the entire
value chain – from research and development to production and quality
assurance, as well as optimized business processes. Our support provided to the
businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced
with our own future-oriented research.
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Right now we’re powering a whole country, finding ways to prevent malaria, making cities smarter, developing renewable energy, designing 3D robots, transporting people at 250 mph and helping NASA explore Mars. Our experience has shown that Simulation and Digital Twins are key technology components extremely relevant for such innovations.
To strengthen our activities, we are seeking a dynamic professional to lead the newly formed research group “Design and Representation Systems - DRS” addressing design and manufacturing systems. The group develops various technologies for design and manufacturing trade space exploration, corresponding knowledge and operational data capturing, as well as autonomous tools realized on top for generative engineering. Our research group in Princeton, NJ is set up as a worldwide centre of competence for design and manufacturing systems within Siemens. The team is composed of engineers and scientists who are already renowned in these domains of competencies. The team strongly collaborates with other groups in the Technology Field “Simulation and Digital Twin” located in Germany, India and China as well as with other Technology Fields and Siemens business units all over the world.
· Budget responsibility of a > $3 million budget for the local research group
· Manage, coach and develop midterm up to 12-16 direct reports including temporary staff (contractors, interns).
· Define and manage execution of the Research Group’s business strategy including target definitions, growth areas and business plans.
· Contribute to the Technology Field´s strategy and roadmap, and align globally to ensure implementation and execution.
· Build Siemens-internal network to acquire projects to achieve the revenue targets; maintain relationships to the business units within Siemens;
· Develop and maintain relationships with key universities and institutes to expand technology portfolio and jointly pursue public funding opportunities.
· Closely interact with Principals, R&D heads and Technology Field heads.
· Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities.
· Collaborate with CT Research Groups to build larger products and integrate into comprehensive solutions
· Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
· Collaborate with experts and peers to secure government grants in relevant domains.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Master degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Computational Engineering, or related fields required. PhD preferred
· 8+ years of experience as researcher and engineer in the area of Digital Twins with a proven track record in academia, industry or military/government required
· 3+ years of supervisory experience or program/project management engagement leading teams in an R&D environment required
· Up-to-date technical knowledge in multiple areas of Geometry Processing, Computer-aided Design, System Modelling, Simulation, Computer-aided Manufacturing, Design Optimization, Artificial Intelligence, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning, and Digital Twins.
· Established networks within US academia/research institutions required.
· Highly motivated and driven business professional with a can-do attitude
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills in English required. Candidate must be capable of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings, and projects. Proficiency in German is a plus.
· Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts with a strong customer service orientation required
· Willingness to travel 25% (domestic/international) required
Job ID: 183079
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.