For assigned areas within the organization, you will design, implement, manage and measures complex communication strategies and supporting programs that are aligned with the company’s business objectives. You will work with the Director of Media Relations and manage and contribute to the development of external communication strategies including media relations, overall message development, thought leadership/executive speaking engagements and social media activation. You will serve as a point of contact for external media, and internal and external partnership management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with internal partners to establish and execute communication strategies in support of the U.S. agenda and targeted business objectives.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with national, regional, and local media across all platforms, and proactively places news as appropriate.
• Effectively develops, writes, edits and distributes information designed to reach regional and national audiences through news media and social platforms in the context of the U.S. agenda and business objectives; demonstrates professional judgment and editorial skills that are accepted as authoritative.
• Utilizes working knowledge of relevant national policy and government affairs issues related to Siemens’ business to proactively identify emerging issues and develop communication strategies and messaging.
• Strategically manages crisis communication activities including timely internal and external stakeholder coordination, message development and outreach to mitigate impact on Siemens reputation.
• Responsible to write press releases and other media collateral such as fact sheets, Q&A and media advisories. Demonstrates skill in communicating complex, technical or policy issues to diverse, non-technical audiences.
• Creates various communications platforms including external presentations, speeches, talking points, social media content and by-lines for Siemens executives.
• Identifies appropriate company sources for information and spokespersons on issues and prepares executives for media interviews.
• Plans, manages and executes media events using knowledge of print and electronic media outlets.
• Utilizes process to measure and report media activities and results achieved for communication strategies and supporting programs on a regular basis.
• Regularly engages with global and country counterparts to collaborate on media relations and communications activities.
Qualifications, Education, Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of relevant experience successfully designing and delivering communication strategies for external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, Political Science or related field required.
- Additional language skills helpful but not required.
- Advanced capability in preparing communications materials.
- Advanced working knowledge of media relations and basic understanding government affairs.
- Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses a plus.
Job ID: 183100
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.