Senior Project Manager – Commercial Vehicles
Siemens Commercial Vehicle (CV) is a leading provider of innovative systems, solutions and products for all kinds of electric commercial vehicles such as on the road vehicles (buses and trucks) as well as off road vehicles (haul trucks, shovel, draglines, underground and construction equipment). We create sustainable value for our customers based on proven, reliable technology know-how that has been complied in more than 100 years of Siemens traction experience. Customer service along the product life cycle complete our portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include deliverables, cost, schedule, forecast, quality and for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects.
These goals would include using such metrics as profitability, labor utilization, risk identification/management and customer interfacing.
This position is also responsible for the strategic business objectives of projects i.e. prototypes, contributing to the goals of CV .
Successful candidate must have a proven track record of profitable project execution.
This project management position is both commercial and technical in nature and successful candidate is expected to lead multidisciplinary projects
- The Sr. PM represents the company as the main point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and site trades. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Understand the contract deliverables and develop necessary schedule and plans for delivering them.
- Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedule.
- Maintain project Change Orders and Request for Information Logs.
- Develop cohesive and effective project teams (typically 4 – 8 people) while working in a functional organization. May have 3-5 projects running simultaneously.
- Support of project proposal efforts. This includes identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications, and working with the engineering sales team on a cost effective execution model.
- Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Manage, develop and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
- Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract and administrative areas.
- Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- PMI PMP Certification required
- Minimum five years as a Project Manager in power infrastructure, drives/motors, process automation type projects.
· Industry knowledge in Transportation Rail & Bus,Mining, Oil and Gas.
- Siemens internal candidates are to be PM@Siemens SPM Certified
- Travel approximately 25% as required for projects.
- Must understand and be able to discuss project schedules. This includes being proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be able to discuss project financials in detail
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc.) with customer.
- Willingness to relocate to Alpharetta, GA and travel domestically and abroad.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS product/project experience for competitive and alternative views.
- Working knowledge of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Manufacturing, Field service and/or Commissioning background a plus
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and protection, drive systems and control systems.
- Understanding of variable frequency drives (AC & DC) and their applications
Job ID: 183104
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.