Functional Area Position to include responsibilities for the build/assembly/wiring of breakers, sub assembly and final assembly duties.
What are the responsibilities?
Perform MCC assembly/wiring and final assembly/wiring to the highest level of accuracy (work to zero tolerance) and Workmanship, perform kitting and some sub assembly of units.
- Perform appropriate job record transactions.
- Primary function is assembly of 8PG parts kits and customer orders
- Read BOM, follow layouts & assembly drawings, perform some basic wiring per given instructions when requested
- Adhere to developed processes, methods and/or seek ways to improve.
- Be a strong team player, as the work involves a lot of interaction with others.
- Communicate in English (read, write & speak fluently).
- Observe all safety rules and keep safety first for self and others.
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Management.
What are the required knowledge/skills, education, and experience for this position?
- 1 year of experience in the mechanical field
- Wiring experience within product line.
- Identify mechanical parts and electrical components.
- Set and correct use of Torque wrenches, and experience with using a tape measure.
- Sub assembly work includes mechanical assembly of steel and components, control wiring, power cable work, and interconnection of control wires.
- Knowledge of applied torque & industry workmanship standards on connections.
- Experience working with standard hand and power tools both pneumatic and battery operated.
- Knowledge of torque wrench and applied torque values.
- Proven record in Quality and Productivity.
- Required to lift parts or sub-assemblies that weigh 35 lbs or less on regular basis.
- High School Diploma or GED.
What additional knowledge/skills, education, and experience would be beneficial for this position?
1+ years of experience performing mechanical assembly (build) of product
- 1+ years of wiring experience
- Forklift driver experience
- SAP experience
- Associates Degree or technical training in area of responsibility.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 183108
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.