As a Software Developer II at Siemens Building Technologies, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for our cloud-based Building Automation platform. You will be responsible for developing software products to satisfy customer needs.
- Design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications for a cloud-based building automation system.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs.
- Comply with and enhance documented Siemens development processes.
- Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW products, design, and development.
- Participate and propose design alternatives via prototyping.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
- Ensure that secure coding practices are followed.
- Some travel required (~10%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience with Git or similar Source Code Management (SCM).
- Practitioner of development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Actively shares knowledge and expertise with fellow team members.
- Able to provide reliable estimates to tasks and project scopes.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with other state-of-the-art full stack technologies (Angular, Typescript, Bootstrap, Node.js etc.).
- Knowledge of any other major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#/.NET, C++, etc).
- Field experience with building controls protocol such as BACnet or Modbus.
- Exposure to building automation technologies.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 183115
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.