Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Field Building Automation Controls Specialist to work on semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative test, repairs and overhauls on Building Automation Systems. Are you ready to make history with us?
Do you enjoy spending time resolving complex problems? As a Controls Specialist, you will participate in responding to service calls for issues, training customers on our automation products and services, performing maintenance on tools, testing equipment, and maintaining documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, and failures. We will provide structured training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and our Specialist role. In addition, you will assess the product/equipment performance and make recommendations for modification or improvements. You will also perform technical service agreement tasks and schedule assignments to ensure that the energy management systems is properly maintained and operating correctly. These tasks are a part of our emergency service calls and these would be handled during the day and after hours.
Other tasks include:
- Checking indicated point of trouble and analyzing full requirements of the system and checking/testing the system components.
- Diagnosing trouble or defects and establish corrective action and repairs for the system.
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on the building automation system and components according to the service agreement contracts.
Do you want to make an impact directly to the business? You will be the one to make sure the system is running at optimal operation for our customers. Afraid of making mistakes? We will set you up with a mentor who will work with you, as you ramp up your knowledge and become adjusted with your new role.
Many more exciting tasks await you. So if you are looking to bring your ingenuity to Siemens, we want to see your resume.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Engineering or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of automation systems, mechanical systems, electrical concepts, and building operations.
- Building automation industry engineering and programming background.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Networking experience in Microsoft products. Sequel server preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and internal/external customer relation skills.
- Valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legally authorized for work in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Information Technology (IT) background.
- Associate Degree or 2 year technical degree (Mechanical) or equivalent years of experience preferred.
- Integration experience with BACNET, MODBUS, Etc…
- Control vendor experience preferred. Siemens, Tridium, Johnson, Honeywell, Etc…
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers desired.
- Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems.
Job ID: 183120
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.