Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Graphics Design Assistant to assist the Design Engineering group in our Bridgeville, PA office. Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the business? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by working alongside our Engineering and Operations team. You will be the one to assist with all Graphics Designs for our Siemens Building Automation, Fire & Security projects. Are you ready to bring your ingenuity to Siemens? If so, we want to see your resume today!
Do you enjoy working in an office environment where you have the autonomy to work on projects independently with limited supervision? You will be responsible for the development of system control diagrams, building floor layouts and monitoring graphics for Siemens Building Automation, Fire & Security Systems. From the independent standpoint, you will be accountable for completing designs within the budgeted engineering labor, at a high customer satisfaction rate. We will provide for you the standards set by the Siemens Area Graphic Designers across North America, which you will need to follow. You will report directly into the Building Automation Solutions Engineering Manager.
What else will you be involved in?
- · Complete all graphics design/development within the budgeted engineering labor hours.
- · Design visually appealing, dynamic, easy to use, and modern looking graphic solutions for building operators.
- · Complete review and understanding of design support which includes logging & tracking projects and status. Support delivery of graphics to the jobsite to meet completion schedules.
- · Ability to multi-task to work on more than one design project at a time
- · Maintain a personal utilization of >80%: Accurately record the proper use of graphic types, quantities, and network numbers when charging time to projects.
- · Support / Achieve high Customer Satisfaction: Identify quality control issues and notify project manager and engineering manager in a timely manner.
- · Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers. Ensure accurate and timely graphic design deliverables.
- · Ensure proper documentation for long term servicing of customers: Support systems to service turnovers on projects utilizing centralized graphics design process. Maintain a copy of the latest graphics as-built of completed jobs in the district server.
- · Processes: Support project managers, account engineers, and field specialists in designing graphics for their projects. Design background and dynamics when requested. Support efficiency initiatives – Graphics Standardization/Centralization.
What requirements will you need to meet?
- · Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred
- · Understanding of drawing applications such as: AutoCAD, ACAD, Photoshop, Paint, Illustrator, or equivalent.
- · Some travel required for training or annual meetings, not to exceed 15% of the time
- · Legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
- · Not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- · Previous experience or knowledge of energy management systems preferred.
Job ID: 183131
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.