As an Industrial Engineer with a focus in Tools and Fixtures, your primary responsibility to will be to ensure that production operations is ready at the scheduled start of production with all required fixtures, jigs and templates utilizing lean methodologies and practical process knowledge. Preparing standardized work instructions including fixture setup/loading/unloading, welding sequence, straightening procedures and equipment procedures. Providing critical process control guidance to production, maintenance, and quality control to improve the dimensional accuracy of our products.
- Create engineering drawings and 3D engineering models using PTC Creo to gain improvements in manufacturing processes; such as job sequence, workflow, and TAKT time.
- Design jigs, fixtures and templates using engineering requirements, engineering drawings, or with products already existing on the production floor without prints.
- Development of detailed specifications for jigs and fixtures for manufacturing processes using TAKT time, capacity calculations, engineering product design, and sourcing jigs and fixtures from vendors.
- Resolve production issues in a rapid response environment; including dimensional accuracy of welded parts, making adjustments or modification to fixtures and addressing safety issues/concerns.
- Developing department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience planning production welding and assembly processes.
- Work experience in a manufacturing production environment is needed. Experience with light rail or heavy rail is preferred.
- Working knowledge of codes API 1104, ASTM, ASME, DNV OS-F101, AWS D1.1 / D1.3, DN 15085 and NACE / ISO 15156 as well as DIN and EN.
- Firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
- Practical knowledge of the lean tool box and ability to utilize lean principles to reduce waste.
- A history of “hands-on” approach to problem solving and countermeasure implementation within own areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and make up of vehicles, including welding activities, fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
- Demonstrated understanding of tooling and fixtures for manufacturing and its impact to dimensional accuracy and welding quality.
- Experience using different types of bills of materials.
- A history of driving projects in a challenging environment
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Metallurgical or equivalent discipline.
- Required travel: 0-10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- MS or advanced degree (or foreign equivalent) in Welding Engineering, Welding Technology, Metallurgy, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on welding, production, manufacturing, and logistics.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt / Six Sigma Black Belt / Lean Expert Certification
- Work experience in the rail business, preferably in light rail, heavy rail, or related production.
- Practical experience in Customer Service / Maintenance / After Market businesses and technologies.
- Practical experience using complex Factory Planning Methods such as defining high level manufacturing plans, identifying / analyzing new technologies, creating a value stream analysis, performing total space needs analysis, performing total capacity needs analysis, implementation planning, etc. preferred.
- Practical experience developing technology roadmaps for a range of automation options from spot welding, to robot welding, to using new material types such as SST, Aluminum, etc. preferred.
- Practical experience transferring technical knowledge, manufacturing knowledge, and proprietary technologies from lead factories to market factories preferred.
- Practical experience training others on Lean topics, facilitating Lean improvement activities, leading lean improvement activities (KAIZEN) within a welding, finishing, assembly, and electrical sub-assembly environment.
- Practical experience utilizing and implementing lean methods and tools such as 5s, 7 Types of Waste, 8-Step Practical Problem Solving (root cause analysis), Yamazumi Methods, Flow, Total Flow, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping and Design / Process Flow Diagrams, ABC-XYZ Analysis.
- Practical experience coaching and training staff at all levels and functions of the organization including Lean in Production, Lean in Engineering, Lean in Quality, Lean in Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain and Lean at the Supplier.
- Knowledge of MRP / ERP systems is highly desired.
- Bi-lingual German and English is a plus.
- Bi-Lingual Spanish and English is a plus.
Job ID: 183133
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.