Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people throughout all modes of transportation, Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety, improve traffic flows and help cities to effectively manage their transportation infrastructure. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles. Many signature customers across the US like Seattle, New York City or Tampa believe in us. While ITS prides itself of being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere.
ITS is now hiring a Senior Procurement Manager to join the team in Austin, TX and support our continues growth.
As a member of the ITS Leadership Team, the Sr. Procurement Manager will be responsible for sourcing, negotiation and developing long-term relationships with vendors, consultants, installers as well as operators within the ITS industry. Further, the successful candidate will manage a team of procurement specialists assigned to individual ITS projects and secure highly competitive partners and quotes for our bid teams. As a result, the Sr. Procurement Manager will make a key contribution for Siemens ITS continued success.
- Define and implement Procurement strategies based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality
- Drive all relevant procurement activities for bids and projects in order to form competitive teams, secure quotes, scope out work packages and to realize cost savings potentials
- Lead supplier negotiations regarding price, terms and conditions, scope of works and related claims and change orders
- Negotiate frame agreements with suppliers for components, commodities or special engineering solutions.
- Understand RFPs from governmental end-customer and creates related subcontract agreements ensuring technical and contractual compliance.
- Identify and secure strategic partners and distribution rights in line with Siemens ITS’ business strategy.
- Lead comprehensive supplier audits/ qualification and develop suppliers from a technological view.
- Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Prepare and conduct sourcing decisions with relevant stakeholders like R&D, product management, system engineering, construction and electrical contractor specialists.
- Successfully drive design-to-cost measures and innovation efforts with key suppliers
- Build and manage a team of Procurement Specialists assigned to individual ITS projects
- Align strategies and global suppliers in global ITS procurement team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 5+ years experience in strategic procurement and/or project management experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills required
- Solid understanding of the ITS industry and preferably established own network to relevant players in the ITS market space
- Bachelor’s degree in business or Engineering
- Solid understanding of SAP and other ERP/MRP systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Critical decision making and extreme multitasking skills necessary in order to make timely deliverables.
- Strong team player and familiar with working in matrix organizations.
- Professional Engineering (PE) degree desired
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineering or Professional Transportation Planning degree desired
- Ability to travel 15% to partners and customers
Job ID: 183144
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.