Operations Finance Business Partner
Join Siemens Gas and Power division as an Operations Finance Business Partner, based in Newcastle. You will have a high level of responsibility for the management reporting & financial control of operations cost centres. You will provide support to operational managers in facility, field & engineering departments within the business.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture.
What part will you play?
- Monthly management reporting of financials in facility, field service & engineering teams to head of engineering, head of steam & head of gas managers.
- Cost centre reporting & control to individual facility & engineering departmental managers.
- Monthly workload reviews with operational departments & associated forecasting of recovery & costs.
- Monthly analysis & reporting of utilisation statistics to enable & support optimum use of fixed cost labour base.
- Annual budget preparation for all operational cost centres – including presentation to SMT in support of operational managers.
- Fixed asset acquisition business case preparation including payback/NPV calculations; monthly review of assets under construction & timely capitalisation.
- Perform quarterly fixed asset SOX controls.
- Monthly stock control processes & associated SOX controls
- Deliver ad-hoc reporting requirements & initiate & own projects which support lean initiatives
- Promotes and supports compliance culture within business
- Responsible for providing accurate analysis on business performance, processing financial transactions, as well as monthly financial input/reports, preparation of business models, budgets and forecasts
What you need to make real what matters:
- Preferably have a recognised finance qualification – e.g. CIMA, ACA or qualified by experience.
- Significant experience in a similar role within a finance department and proven track record in making sound financial decisions.
- Strong finance background, with exposure to management accounts, cost accounting and IFRS.
- Ability to forge strong working relations with non-financial staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, competitive pension scheme and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 183198
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time