This position will lead Manufacturing Operations of the Cardiac Franchise located at the Siemens Healthineers Mishawaka, IN plant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the different work streams for the successful transition of the Cardiac Franchise Troponin assay reagent from the Netherlands to the Mishawaka site.
- Responsible for reporting the progress of the project to different levels in the organization, making sure the information is accurate and up to date.
- Create the workforce plan, training plans and transfer of knowledge from Netherlands to the Mishawaka site.
- Manage the cost center to ensure profitability of the Franchise.
- Attend Quarterly Franchise reviews.
- Upon successful relocation of the current line, continue to work jointly with the Project Manager to build, install, and validate new manufacturing lines to support the Cardiac Franchise increased product demand.
- Work with the POC R&D team to potentially build the menu of assays available within the Cardiac Franchise.
- Drive an aligned organization to maintain a strong manufacturing team with a healthy and effective employee relations climate.
- Ensure a strong sense of urgency and accountability within the manufacturing operations of the Cardiac Franchise.
- Implement defined policies and guidelines, and define and ensure implementation of processes, procedures, methods and/or tools incorporating our Business Principles and the Healthineers Performance System.
- Ensure adherence at any time to relevant internal and local EHS-standards.
- Plan and propose a manufacturing budget and decide and allocate financial and personnel resources, within given limits.
- Manage and develop all the respective workflow processes to ensure all production targets (Quality, Quantity, and Delivery on time) are achieved.
- Ensure optimum machine utilization across multiple shifts.
- Ensure availability of working instructions, rules, and guidelines for all shifts and/or production lines are assigned.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of production plans.
- Evaluate and contribute to implementation of maintenance programs.
- Oversee assigned technologically demanding and complex processes in an automated production environment, which do need a specialized, experienced and well vocationally trained work force.
Miscellaneous Operational Responsibilities
- Work to optimize use of resources in a continuous operations environment.
- Ensure supervision coverage is maintained at all times.
- Evaluate performance of direct reports based on leadership and results.
- Promote learning from the past to strengthen and enable proactive planning.
- Stimulate innovation and creative problem solving by welcoming outside-in perspectives.
- Dynamic environment with cross-functional interdependence
- Confident and effective communicator with strong interpersonal and team management skills, driven to achieve goals and exceed expectations
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Inspire trust
- Understands the demands of a manufacturing environment and its needed support
Skills and Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Preferred Bachelor of Science degree, Chemistry or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in an ISO and FDA regulated environment preferred.
- Experience in a represented (unionized) environment is a plus.
Job ID: 183260
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.