As a Supplier Delivery Expeditor, you will create, maintain and communicate and execute detailed production plans for specific components that are commitment accepted to enable the master production plan to be achieved. You will also provide the implications of the delivery schedules ability to meet customer and business requirements.
- Respond to demand changes by providing the Regional Purchase Manager with the implications of meeting customer requirements in line with the company Commitment Acceptance (Sales & Operations Planning) process
- Enable cascade of demand through the supply chain resulting in a committed plan
- Plan and manage stock of parts across the supply chain ensuring inventory levels specified are maintained and used in the appropriate order and time frame
- Specify supplier delivery commitments are reflected in SAP
- Manage adherence of schedule lines (Exception Messages) to ensure delivery to plan including new parts introduction in line with all the relevant processes including use of the Supply Chain pro-forma
- Process compliant through the use of company standard systems, processes and reports to resolve potential delivery hazards
- Primary interface and lead operational relationships with suppliers to lead and co-ordinate all improvement activity associated with planning, control, inventory, delivery and lead time
- Lead business reviews with their suppliers ensuring that both the suppliers and R-R requirements are being met
- Consider the impact to Quality, Cost and Delivery on the SCMT
- Provide reviews are supported by other appropriate functions as required
- Manage and coordinate delivery issues, reporting shortages and recovery programs to meet the plan and escalate issues as required
- Understand Load and Capacity constraints within a supplier that may impact performance and delivery
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant experience within the manufacturing industry
- 5 years of experience within Supply Chain/Logistics discipline in manufacturing environment
- Supply Chain Management – Capability & Capacity Assessment
- Supply Chain Scheduling and Load & Capacity Planning
- Experience in production planning and scheduling
- Knowledge of quality system, inventory control and IT systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Power point, Excel)
- Intermediate to expert level experience with excel reporting
- Strong communications skills at all levels
- Ability to problem solve, resolve and provide solutions proactively.
- Drive process and continuous improvement within team environment
- Strong knowledge of SAP/Oracle
- Travel up to 50% (Domestically)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Master's Degree
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 183275
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.