Performs start up and check out
of computerized building automation systems on a construction site or occupied
facility in a commercial or industrial environment. Will use a laptop computer
to document start up procedures. Will troubleshoot equipment using a multi-meter
and hand tools. Computer skills are required. An electrical, mechanical, or
industrial background is preferred. An understanding of HVAC systems and
concepts is a plus. The ability to work on a construction site including the
use of step ladders and scaffolding is required.
- Performs point to point check out of installed equipment to verify operability of components.
- Runs tests to verify proper operation of HVAC systems.
- Network Technologies: Backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, and hubs including fiber optics. Confirm proper network performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate degree or 1-2 years vocational technical training or equivalent experience required.
- Basic knowledge of electronics with the ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
- Adequate computer and IT skills required
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the US.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems a plus
- IT knowledge or experience with networking, servers, and clients a plus.
Job ID: 183276
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.