Siemens Smart Infrastructures is looking for a Manager, Hardware Design and development to lead a team of 5 at their Norcross location. This position is in the Low Voltage Products Electronics R&D group reporting to R&D Director. We are looking for an engineer with the tasks described and requirements listed below which are necessary for the individual to have to be able to assume greater responsibility as a Director of that group.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Establish and keep close working relationships with internal to Siemens and worldwide marketing and product management with a quest to understand key global customer requirements for the creation of the generational global product roadmaps for best return on investment.
- Participate in Product Marketing Specification generation and lead the team to create product Engineering Specifications identifying product detail requirements, preliminary costs and business value based on cost and volume and selling price.
- Prepare early budget for the cost center based on select projects conducted or executed during the budget year and is responsible for maintaining good understanding of cost center budget and expenses related to projects as well as all internal costs. Review of budget expenses and project status with emphasis on risk/issues identification once every month with upper management is mandatory.
- Select staff, define roles and leaders from the available resources and execute projects using internal engineering product development tools, e.g. Product Life Cycle Management, Design for Six Sigma. Review projects weekly with the selected staff.
- Understand issues, identify risks and action items to resolve all issues and reduce risks.
- Adhere to the internal development processes and standards, such as PLM and internal corporate reviews is mandatory, subject to audit and dictated by policy.
- The manager is responsible for innovation and is constantly encouraged to continuously enhance or improve existing policies, products, methods and determining organizational structures and supervisory relationships for own segment of company.
- The manager responsibility includes his own staff (other Engineering Management and direct individual contributors) work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Experience in Electronics Systems development, i.e. board level design (small signal electronics digital and analog) with microcomputer architectures and software development process from specification though design verification and qualification, as well as interaction with mechanical I/O interfaces is mandatory.
2. 10 plus years’ experience as a leader of a team involved in Hardware & Software and Mechanical based products definition, design, development through manufacturing.
3. Education: MSEE is required.
4. Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
5. Must be a good listener and seek to collaborate internally and externally with others yet be decisive and timely in decision-making.
6. Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management.
7. Sound decision making and clear communication with all other departments.
8. Must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment.
9. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Not required but would be a plus:
1. Experience in algorithm development and statistical communication theory is desired as well as exposure to RF techniques. Understanding of product mechanical design, materials utilized in products that meet environmental characteristics, documentation structures, tools (PCB design tools and PRO engineer mechanical design capability) and logistics of the product release process is desired.
Understanding of product compliance to various world standards such as UL, NEC, NEMA, cUL, CSA and IEC as related to the safety and quality of Industrial as well as residential/commercial circuit protection products (circuit breakers and associated accessories).
2. Knowledge of new product introduction (NPI) process as dictated by PLM and
understanding of DFM, DFT, FEMA and overall product reliability aspects is desired.
3. Understanding and/or knowledge of product manufacturing outsourcing, manufacturing processes and manufacturing management for multimillion yearly product quantities as well as low quantity product manufacturing and methods applied for best value and price.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 183307
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.