Specialized Meshing Development Student Internship
Location: Austin, Texas
Start Date: Spring 2020 (January 2020)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
STAR-CCM+ is a multi-physics engineering simulation software package. Every simulation needs a volume mesh. STAR-CCM+ provides a number of different types of meshing algorithms that will generate high quality surface and volume meshes from initial discrete and CAD models. The meshing team also provides algorithms for surface preparation tools and develops workflows to go from initial import surface to volume mesh for simulation. The specialized meshing team creates structured and semi-structured volume meshes via sweeping and other algorithms.
We are seeking a motivated Master’s or PhD student who has past meshing experience. You will get the opportunity to:
- Assist with testing of meshing related development features, which may include manual testing, developing automated tests, test analysis, etc.
- Create test cases and suggest possible tests for the automated testing suites.
- Profile code to evaluate performance and do an initial analysis of bugs
- Submission of bug reports from the above testing
- Evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features and workflows.
- Develop/modify scripts for collection and analysis of test results
- Profiling of certain features to find performance bottlenecks
- Initial analysis of incoming bug reports
- Independently evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features or workflows
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Scientific Visualization, Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science, Computer Science or a related field
- Past experience with meshing
- Classroom or practical exposure to multi-physics simulation tools for CFD or FEA.
- Classroom or practical experience with at least one commercial package, preferably Siemens NX, Solidworks, CATIA or ProEngineer/Creo that includes mesh generation
- Classroom or practical experience with commercial CFD or Multiphysics software such as STAR-CCM+ or Ansys
- Knowledge of Java, C++, Python, Linux Shell or equivalent programming language
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Genuine interest in the simulation of real-world engineering problems using computational methods
Job ID: 183341
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.