The Light Rail Vehicle Commissioning Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repair next generation electric Lite Rail Vehicles that are delivered from the original equipment manufacturer to the local authority in various locations throughout North America.
- Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in Light Rail Vehicle control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Use PTU’s (laptops) to troubleshoot various systems onboard the LRV’s.
VR or DMV check needs to be run to ensure that worker has a valid driver's license. Must be proficient in electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubleshooting. 1-5 years experience working with industrial electrical, and mechanical components is a required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED), College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field.
- Proficiency in electrical, hydraulic, mechanical troubleshooting.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Job ID: 183345
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.