The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for managing third-party spending on materials, equipment and construction trade (low voltage electrical installation/controls subcontractors) to support projects in these states. Directly engages in large and mid-size projects in the bidding phase to improve Siemens' competitive position by running the subcontractor solicitations (RFQs and RFPs), bid leveling and negotiations. Works to manage and develop a diverse group of suppliers and subcontractors to support Siemens' building automation, security, fire alarm controls contracting businesses. This Position will have geographic responsibilities and travel throughout Texas. The position will report to the National Procurement Manager responsible for procurement throughout Southwest U.S.
The Field Procurement Manager role is measured on the following activities:
- Cost Reductions - The role has a target for percentage of cost savings achieved through price negotiations, value engineering efforts, leveraging requirements, and other means.
- Payment Terms - The role requires negotiation of a target percentage of Siemens preferred payment terms.
- Procurement Processes - The role has responsibility for managing relationships with major suppliers including soliciting feedback from internal customers and sharing that with suppliers.
- Internal Customer Satisfaction - key managers are surveyed to determine the service level provided.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree highly preferred, project mgmt. and/or apprenticeship in a construction trade.
- 7-10 total years of experience in commercial construction to include 4 years of experience with purchasing electrical and/or mechanical installation subcontracts.
- Purchasing experience to include price solicitation and negotiation for contracts greater than $1million.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to travel to project sites, suppliers and customers in the assigned geographic area and travel to occasional company meetings elsewhere in the US. Minimum travel required is 20%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 183352
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.